Shufersal’s vision and code of ethics reflect the key principles under which the Company operates, serving as its managers’ and employees’ compass and guiding light.
To be the first choice of every Israeli household and lead the Israeli retail market.
Shufersal believes its vision is achievable with the right values.
Shufersal’s Code of Ethics applies to all its employees. Its main principles are as follows:
Four basic ethics principles of the company, which guide our daily activities. As one of Israel’s leading food companies, operating under these values is our joint responsibility.
- Compliance with the law: Compliance with the law is the basis for the chain’s business conduct, overriding any other consideration. Our entire activity shall be carried out in line with the existing regulation.
- Avoiding conflict of interest: Making sure to avoid situations involving conflicts of interest, in which a person’s private interests is contrary to Shufersal's.
- Upholding human dignity: Treating with respect all employees, customers and suppliers with whom we work.
- Anti-corruption: Comprehensive anti-corruption activity, both in the relationships of employees with customers and the Company’s relationships with the community and suppliers.
Alongside the fundamental principles, Shufersal has defined six core values.
These values accompany Shufersal's daily activities, at the employee, headquarters and management levels.
The Company’s values are:
- Innovation: Shufersal strives to continue leading the market in product quality and variety and in the shopping experience it provides. The Company continuously examines Israeli consumers’ changing needs, and makes every effort to meet them;
- Service & professionalism: Shufersal strives to provide its customers with optimal service of the highest standards and is responsible for each of its employees’ uncompromising professionalism;
- Fairness: Shufersal is committed to fair, ethical, transparent and trustworthy relations with its customers, suppliers, and employees, so as to engage in an open dialogue and forge longstanding relationships with them;
- High quality: Shufersal is committed to the quality of the products sold at its branches and of the service it provides. The Company considers positive shopping experience and meeting its customers’ expectations to be the basis for a longstanding relationship;
- Commitment to employees: Shufersal is responsible for all its employees. It is committed to treat them fairly, protect their dignity, and ensure their rights. Shufersal promotes its employees’ wellbeing and is committed to their personal and career development.
- Proud to be Israeli: Shufersal is proud to be an Israeli company and is pleased to give back to the community and serve the country’s residents. The Company promotes the value of equality in the community and strives for equal opportunity for the entire population of Israel - for employees and customers alike.